For the base
- 5 oz. (140g) biscoff cookies
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (55g) butter, melted and cooled
For the filling
- 21 oz. (600g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small organic lemon, zest and juice
- 1 organic lime, zest and juice
- zest of 1/2 organic orange
- 14 oz. (400g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). Line a 8 inch (20cm) springform tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Melt the butter and set aside. Crush the biscoff cookies finely – either in a freezer bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Add sugar and salt and mix. Add the melted butter and mix until crumbles form. Transfer to the springform and press to the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit.
- While the base is cooling, prepare the filling. Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and beat on high speed until fluffy. Add one egg after another, mix well inbetween. Add sugar, half of the zest (lemon, lime and orange) and the juices and mix well. Pour the filling into the springform tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is just set in the center. While the cake is baking mix sour cream with sugar and the remaining zest.
- Take the cake out of the oven and carefully spread the sour cream mix on top of the cake – start on the outside since the middle is still a bit wobbly and fragile. Smooth out the top with a spatula and put back into the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes. The top should be set and only have a little bit of color. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12