- 1.5 oz. (42g) fresh yeast
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, lukewarm
- 4 cups (500g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 0.7 oz. (20g) butter, melted
- 4.4 oz. (125g) curd cheese (Magerquark)
- 7 oz. (200g) raisins
- 2 tbsp. rum
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix the raisins with the rum in a small bowl and let soak. Set aside. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the lukewarm buttermilk. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the yeast milk mix, sugar, salt, melted butter and curd cheese (magerquark) and knead until you get a smooth dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Grease a loaf tin. Place the dough on a floured surface, add the raisins and knead to combine. Transfer the dough to the loaf tin and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Dissolve the sugar in the milk and brush the loaf. Bake for 35-40 minutes – check after 20 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if needed – the loaf should not get too dark. Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 10