An easy dinner to make on a weekday – Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Oven Veggies. Not only easy to prepare but also really delicious.
For the spice mix:
2 tbsp. ghee*
1 tsp. garam masala (spice mix)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
For the oven veggies:
1 small cauliflower head, in florets
1 can (14 oz. /400g) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
2 medium red onions, in wedges
5.3 oz. (150g) small cherry tomatoes
1 organic lemon, in wedges
5.3 oz. (150g) sour cream
some lemon juice
fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set it aside.
2. Heat up a small saucepan over medium-high heat and melt the ghee. Mix the spices and add them to the saucepan. Toast for about 1 minute or so – do not burn the spices. You just want them to develop some stronger flavors. Remove from the heat and let cool down slightly.
3. Clean the cauliflower and break it into small florets. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Peel the onions and cut them into wedges. Add everything to a large bowl, pour the spice mixture on top and mix well to combine. Spread the veggies evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes and place them on the baking sheet with the other veggies. Cut the lemon into wedges and place them on the baking sheet as well. Season everything with some salt and pepper.
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the veggies for about 40 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender with a little color here and there. Remove from the oven.
5. Mix the sour cream with some lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve the oven veggies with sour cream and some chopped coriander.
Keywords: chickpea, cauliflower, tray bake, oven veggies, dinner