Delicious chocolate cake made with… zucchini! Don’t worry, you can’t taste the veggies. Just plain delicious chocolate!
- 8 oz. (225g) zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) pecans, chopped
- 5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inches (23x13cm) loaf pan or line with baking parchment and set aside. Grate the zucchini and set aside. Chop the pecans and chocolate and set aside as well.
- Add the two sugars, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Mix the flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add to the bowl and mix in until just combined. Add the grated zucchini, pecans, and 2/3 of the chocolate and fold in. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth out the top and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool down in the pan for about 10-15 minutes, then remove carefully and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 10