Delicious chocolate banana bread for all the chocolate and banana lovers out there – you better serve some milk with that cake ;)
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9×5 inches (23x13cm) loaf pan and grease lightly. Mash the bananas and set aside. Chop the chocolate and set aside.
- Add the sugar and melted butter to a large bowl and mix on high speed until creamy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Mix the flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add together with the buttermilk and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the mashed bananas and chopped chocolate and mix in. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth out the top and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool down in the pan for some time, then remove and let cool down on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12