Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies. Crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. Cookie perfection!
For the dough
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 7 oz. (200g) peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
For the decoration
- 1.7 oz. (50g) salted peanuts, chopped
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Melt the butter (either in a small pot on the stove or in the microwave) and let cool down again. Chop the peanuts for the decoration coarsely.
- Add the sugars and melted butter to a large bowl and mix for about 1-2 minutes until the mixture gets creamy and light. Add the egg and mix in well. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour with baking soda, and salt and add to the bowl, mix until just combined. Add the peanut butter and mix in. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Use a cookie scoop or two tablespoons and place dough balls (about 2 tbsp. each) with enough space (about 1.5 in/4cm) on the baking sheet. Add some more chopped peanuts on the dough, sprinkle with some flaky sea salt (optional) and bake for 10-12 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be firm, but the center should still be a bit soft. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!