Classic Cookies we all love. Chocolate Chip Cookies with large chunks of chocolate. Sweet and delicious.
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5.3 oz. (150g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Melt the butter (either in a small pot on the stove or in the microwave) and let cool down again. Chop the chocolate coarsely, you want not too small pieces.
- Add the sugars and melted butter to a large bowl and mix until the mixture gets creamy and light – takes about 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and mix in well. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Mix the flour with baking soda, and salt and add to the bowl, mix until just combined. Add about 2/3 of the chopped chocolate and fold in. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Use a cookie scoop or two tablespoons and place dough portions (about 2 tbsp. each) with enough space (about 1.5 in/4cm) on the baking sheet. Add some more chopped chocolate on the dough and bake for 11-12 minutes. Do not overbake! The edges of the cookies should be firm, but the center still a bit soft. Take out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for some time, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!