Delicious coconut tart with coconut pudding filling, fresh fruits and berries – perfect for summer.
For the filling
- 2 1/8 cups (500ml) coconut drink
- 2 oz. (60g) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla exract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
For the crust
- 2 cups (150g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (150g) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (25g) coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. (organic) lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 3.5 oz. (100g) white chocolate, melted
For the decoration
- fruits and berries (e.g. raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, plums, …)
- 1 package cake glaze
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- Start with the filling by adding the coconut milk to a large pot. Take some of that milk and mix with the cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Bring the coconut milk to a boil, then add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Add the eggs and stir until well combined. Take off the heat and mix in the butter. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding so it does not get a skin and let cool down completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Add the shredded coconuts, the coconut oil, coconut flour, honey, lemon zest and salt to a large bowl and mix until well combined. The dough will be quite sticky. Transfer to an 11 inches (28cm) tart tin with loose bottom and press to the bottom and sides to get a nice and even crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely.
- Melt the chocolate over a pot with simmering water or in the microwave and brush the bottom and sides of the crust with it to get a nice and even chocolate layer. Set aside and let dry.
- Mix the cooled pudding once again with a whisk or your kitchen machine to get it smooth and soft. Fill into the prepared tart crust and smooth out the top. Wash the fruits and berries and let dry, cut into smaller pieces/slices if needed and create a nice pattern on top of the filling.
- Prepare the cake glaze as mentioned on the package and glaze the fruits with it. Place the tart in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12