Classic cheesecake as you would get in many coffee shops or at home from mom ;)
For the base
- ⅓ cup (40g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ¾ cup (110g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60g) sugar
- 3/4 stick (90g) butter, chopped
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (500g) ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cups (300g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). In a medium bowl mix the almond meal, flour, sugar and butter. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until a rough dough forms.
- Line the base of a lightly greased 8 inch (20cm) springform pan with non-stick baking paper. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese, ricotta, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, grated lemon rind and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor. Combine the cornflour and water until smooth and add to the cheese mixture. Process the mixture until smooth. Pour the filling over the base and tap the pan lightly to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and stand the cake rest for 1 hour, leaving the door closed. Refrigerate until cold and serve for example with fresh berries. Serves 10-12.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12