For the ganache filling
- 2 oz. (60g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (60g) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. mint sirup
For the cupcake batter
- 3 oz. (85g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (80ml) hot coffee
- 4 tbsp. mint sirup
- 3/4 cup (100g) bread flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 6 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the cream cheese frosting
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (240g) confectioner’s sugar
- 6 oz (170g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp mint sirup
- green food color
For the decoration
- 2 oz. (50g) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- In a small bowl over boiling water (or in the microwave), add together chopped chocolate, heavy cream and mint sirup. Let the chocolate melt and stir until smooth. Place in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes until mixture is chilled.
- In a medium bowl, add chopped chocolate and cocoa powder, Slowly pour hot coffee over the mixture and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla into the coffee/chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and continue beating until smooth and creamy (if the batter is too liquid, add a bit more flour).
- Evenly divide batter between the prepared muffin tin cups. Add one rounded teaspoon of ganache filling to the top of each cupcake. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool in the muffin tin for approximately 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy. Add half of the cream cheese and mint sirup and beat just enough to work it in. Add more cream cheese until the consistency is right for piping. Add green food coloring and stir until well incorporated. Decorate the cooled cupcakes with the frosting and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 16