Delicious cheesecake with apples, streusel and caramel sauce. So good!
For the cheesecake
- 2 cup (150g) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 24 oz. (680g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (170g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the apple layer
- 5 cups (590g) peeled and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. of corn starch
For the topping
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger (or less)
- 2/3 cup (145g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) softened butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175°C). In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 tsp salt together. Press inside the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine cream cheese and sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and mix in sour cream and vanilla. Pour into springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sliced apples, brown sugar, spices and corn starch. Carefully layer on top of cheesecake.
- For the topping mix all of your ingredients (except caramel sauce and walnuts) until mixture forms crumbs and sprinkle on top of the apple layer.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Turn the oven off and sprinkle the cake with walnuts, close the oven door and let sit for an additional hour. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours (or overnight) Just before serving drizzle the caramel sauce over the cake slices to decorate.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12