You got some time on a weekend morning? Make these delicious Breakfast Tacos with Chicken – they are so good!
For the marinated chicken:
18 oz. (500g) chicken breast
3 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
2-3 tsp. sriracha sauce
1 tsp. paprika powder
some chili flakes
For the tacos:
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red chili pepper
1 can (15 oz.) pineapple chunks
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1 small bundle fresh cilantro
juice of 1 lime
6 small eggs
some oil for frying
6 small corn or flour tortillas
Additional to serve:
1.8 oz. (50g) feta cheese, crumbled
1 avocado, sliced
some chopped red cabbage
1. Wash and clean the chicken breast, cut into thin strips. Mix half of the vegetable oil with the honey, sriracha sauce, paprika powder, chili flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and mix everything. Cover and let sit for about 20 minutes.
2. Peel and chop the onion finely. Peel and mince the garlic finely. Cut the chili pepper into rings and remove the seeds. Drain the pineapple from the liquid in the can but save about 1/4 cup (60ml) of it and set aside. Cut the pineapple chunks into dices. Wash and chop the cilantro and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to a pan and heat up. Add the marinated chicken strips and fry over medium-high heat until browned from all sides. Add the onion and minced garlic and fry until soft and glossy – about an additional minute or so. Add the chili rings, half of the diced pineapple, the liquid from the can you saved and the water to the pan and bring everything to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium high and let the liquid in the pan reduce and thicken.
4. While the chicken is still cooking, heat up a second large pan with some oil and fry the eggs sunny side up.
5. As soon as the liquid from the pan with the chicken is gone, remove from the heat and add the remaining pineapple, the chopped cilantro and the juice of the lime – mix to combine and season with some more salt and pepper if necessary. Set aside.
6. Warm the tortillas (in the microwave or in a dry pan on the stove), add a fried egg on each tortilla, top with some of the chicken, crumbled feta cheese, avocado slices, and some chopped red cabbage. Serve warm.
Keywords: breakfast, tacos, chicken, avocado, texmex