Delicious and easy to prepare cheesecake without any base – it’s a bottomless cheesecake ;)
- 27 oz. (750g) curd cheese (Magerquark)
- 6 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1 1/8 cup (250g) sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (500g) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup (40g) cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. semolina
- Wrap the curd cheese in a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel and put in a sieve. Hook in a bowl and place a plate with a weight on top (a can of tinned food for example). Let drain over night in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 11 inch (28cm) spring form tin and sprinkle with some semolina.
- Separate the eggs and beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until whipped well and stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl mix the butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the curd cheese, mascarpone, cornstarch and semplina and mix well. Gently fold in the eggwhites. Do not overbeat.
- Fill in the spring form and shake a bit to even out the surface. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 80-90 minutes. If the top gets too dark, cover with aluminum foil or baking parchment. The cake rises a lot and will collapse – but that is fine ;)
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12