Delicious cheesecake pie with an even better blueberry topping. So good!
For the pie crust
- 7 oz. (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (120g) very cold butter
- 2 tbsp. Amaretto, cold
- 1 tbsp. water, cold (optional)
For the filling
- 12.3 oz. (350g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream (schmand)
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the blueberry topping
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups (about 250g) fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- Place the Amaretto and water in the fridge for about 30 minutes before you start preparing the dough. Add the flour, cold butter in small pieces, and salt to a large bowl and mix. Cut the butter with a pastry blender into pea-size pieces. Add the amaretto and rub everything between your fingers until the dough starts coming together. Add some water if necessary. You should work quick, so the dough does not get too warm. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 9 inches (23cm) pie dish. Roll out the dough on a floured surface slightly larger than the pie dish, transfer to the form and press to the bottom and sides. Fold excess dough under on the sides and form a nice crust. Line with a piece of baking parchment and fill the pie dish with baking beans. Blind bake for about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat of the oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove the paper and baking beans and bake another 4-5 minutes, then take out and let cool down.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream (schmand), sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined. Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set around the edges, but the center is still a bit wobbly when you move the pie dish. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely.
- While the pie is cooling, prepare the blueberry topping by mixing sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add vanilla extract, water, and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil and then add half of the blueberries and let cook for about 2-3 minutes. The mixture should be thick and many berries should have popped. Take off the heat and mix in the remaining berries. Let cool down a bit, then spread over the cooled pie. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 10