Delicious chocolate cookies with cherries and a hint of Kirschwasser.
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Kirschwasser
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup (100g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (150g) cherries, pitted and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Wash, pit and dice the cherries.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix in until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and kirschwasser and mix in. Mix the flour with baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add gradually to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and diced cherry and fold in. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place dough balls on the baking sheet – make sure you leave enough space in between. Bake for 14-16 minutes. The edges should look crisp, but the center should still be a bit soft. Do not overbake! Take out of the oven and let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet until you can move them, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!