Delicious sweet banana cookies with chocolate chips. Perfect little snack for all that like banana and chocolate ;)
For the dough
- 1/3 cup (80g) butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 medium bananas)
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the decoration
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Add the mashed banana and mix in. In a separate bowl mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the large bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a spoon or cookie scoop to place dough balls on the prepared baking sheet (leave enough space in between) and top with one or two banana slices. Bake for about 9-12 minutes until the sides get a nice color, but the cookies are still a bit soft. Take out of the oven and let cool down on a wire rack.
- Enjoy baking!