For the dough
- 1–1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup (220g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (350g) all-purpose flour
- 3 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 3 1/2 tbsp.(50ml) milk
For the glaze
- 1 cup (125g) confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped pistachios (unsalted)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Cut the avocado(s) in half and remove the flesh of the fruit. Add to a bowl and purée with the lime juice until creamy (use an immersion blender or a fork for example). Add butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and mix well. Add the eggs one by one and mix well. Mix the flour with the baking powder and the ground almonds. Add to the bowl in 2-3 portions in turns with the milk.
- Grease a 12 inch loaf tin and dust with flour. Pour in the batter and even out the surface. Bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in the tin for several minutes.
- While the cake is cooling down, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl mix the confectioner’s sugar with the lime juice. Remove the cake from the tin, place on a plate and spread the glaze with a brush on top and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Enjoy baking!
- Serving Size: 12