Today’s Cookie Friday is slightly different… of course I have another guest – that has not changed – but the cookies today are something special: vegan and baked with hemp! Nooo – not that hemp ;) They are called fake-space-cookies!
My guest today is Mareike from the blog Vegold – and as you probably figured out by now she is blogging… everything with hemp! Just kidding – of course it’s all vegan ;)
I met Mareike for the first time on a blogger event and (as a surprise for the both of us) we got along very well instantly. Maybe the cocktails with coconut water helped… just kidding! We both only drink spring water from the alps ;P
Since I am not cooking vegan on a regular basis but baking vegan from time to time (you can find some recipes here) – I thought I should invite a pro in that area: Mareike.
Maybe I should let her do the talking now (in German)…
Thanks a lot Mareike! It would have never come to my mind baking with hemp! It is going on my to-do-list for sure! I read a bit about how healthy it is, so definitely something I’m going to try! And for all of you that think hemp is always connected to the numbers 420 – nope it’s not ;) You can actually make a lot of nice dishes with that “good” version of hemp*.
But now let’s get to the recipe! Happy Cookie Friday! #tgicf
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1 1/8 cup (225g) sugar
2 pinch of (bourbon) vanilla powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
3/4 cup (180g) vegetable margarine (vegan)
1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable milk (soy or oats)
2 tbsp. peeled hemp seeds*
3 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Prisen Bourbon Vanille
1/2 TL Salz
2 gehäufte EL Kakaopulver (ungesüßt)
180g geschmolzene Sojabutter (zB Alsan)
125ml Pflanzenmilch (Soja oder Hafer)
2 EL geschälte Hanfsamen*
3 EL Schokotropfen (Zartbitter)
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Take the cookies out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, so they can cool down completely.
2. Das Blech herausnehmen und die Cookies noch auf dem Backblech 5 Minuten lang auskühlen lassen, bevor man sie auf einem Gitter vollständig erkalten lässt.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 3 cups (400g) spelt flour
- 1 1/8 cup (225g) sugar
- 2 pinch of (bourbon) vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (180g) vegetable margarine (vegan)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable milk (soy or oats)
- 2 tbsp. peeled hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Add the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder to a large bowl and mix. Melt the vegetable margarine and add to the bowl - knead until all is well combined. Add the hemp seeds and chocolate chips and fold in and knead for 3 more minutes. Line a baking sheet wit baking parchment and place small amounts of dough on the sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, so they can cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!