Summer – please come back! ;) Right now the weather is very… how can I say it without cursing? Well – not the best. It is raining a lot, then a day of sun, rain again… It is time to treat yourself with something nice. Something delicious. Just because :P
Well no – you and me deserve something good, so let’s have some Raw Summer Cheesecake to get the summer back. At least “food wise” :P
Like many others I suppose, I have a weak spot for cheesecakes. I could eat them all the time. Really ALL THE TIME :P They are sooo delicious! How could you not resist? The not so good part when making cheesecake – it normally takes a lot of time. In most cases it is not the time you spend for the preparation – it is the baking time and the waiting afterwards for the cake to cool down and set. That is aaalways torture. You see the deliciousness in the oven and when the baking time is done, you still have to wait – best not to touch the cake at all until it decides to be ready – which can all in all take a half day :( Yeah – life is testing you sometimes…
Well – here you hardly have to wait at all! Great news, right? It’s a raw cheesecake and needs no baking – means you can basically start eating as soon as you finished layering the cake – which is done in no time at all.
Did I mention already that these cheesecakes are delicious? ;P The combination of the crunchy base with almonds and dates, the filling with cream cheese and mascarpone, topped with fruit salad – A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :D If you make it yourself, you will see and agree. Perfect for a summer fest with friends or a picnic in the park. Making them in glass jars with lids, you can easily transport them to the location of the picnic or party. Fill in only the base and the cream cheese layer and keep the fruit salad separate – right before serving you ad the fruits on top and a perfect dessert is done. You will make a lot of people very happy – at least that’s what happened when I made them the other day :)
This blogpost and recipe btw. only exist, because there is an event from “Die Kochmädchen” aka. Julia and Susanne called “Sommerfest”. The two girls invited some bloggers to create recipes, perfect for a summer party. Hop over to their blog and see for yourself: here.
Maybe some last words regarding the cheesecake – I used strawberries and melon, but the choice of fruits is all up to you. Whatever you have – us it. Blueberries, cherries, peaches, nectarines… I bet all will be delicious! If you want to save some calories – skip the mascarpone, cause it is quite fat. Use some more cream cheese instead or ads some skyr.
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
10 oz. (300g) fresh strawberries
1/2 melon (honey or galia)
1 organic lemon
4 tbsp. maple syrup
2/3 cup (90g) whole almonds
9 soft dates, without stones
7 oz. (200g) mascarpone
3.5 oz. (100g) cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
mint leaves for decoration
300g frische Erdbeeren
1/2 Melone (Galia oder Honig)
4 EL Ahornsirup
90g ganze Mandeln
9 weiche Datteln ohne Steine
1 TL Vanille Extrakt
Minzblätter für die Dekoration
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Chop the almonds, smash the dates with a fork and mix both with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix mascarpone with the cream cheese, vanilla extract, the juice and zest of half a lemon.
3. Divide the almond-date mixture between the glasses, add a layer of mascarpone cream and top with fruit salad. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve. You can also prepare the glasses couple hours in advance or take them to a picnic, but you should add the fruit salad not too early – keep it separate and add right before serving.
2. Die Manden klein hacken, die Datteln mit einer Gabel zerdrücken und beides mit 2 EL Ahornsirup verrühren. Den Mascarpone mit dem Frischkäse, Vanille Extrakt sowie dem Saft und Abrieb einer halben Zitrone verrühren.
3. Die Mandel-Dattelmischung auf die vier Gläser verteilen, die Mascarponecreme darauf geben und mit dem Fruchtsalat abschliessen. Mit frischer Minze dekorieren. Man kann die Gläser auch ein paar Stunden eher vorbereiten oder zu einem Picknick mitnehmen – der Fruchtsalat sollte allerdings erst kurz vor dem Servieren ins Glas gefüllt werden.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 10 oz. (300g) fresh strawberries
- 1/2 melon (honey or galia)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (90g) whole almonds
- 9 soft dates, without stones
- 7 oz. (200g) mascarpone
- 3.5 oz. (100g) cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- mint leaves for decoration
- Start with the fruit salad by washing the strawberries and removing the green parts. Cut into small pieces. Remove the skin of the melon and cut into small pieces aswell. Mix both in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the juice of half a lemon. Set aside and let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the almonds, smash the dates with a fork and mix both with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix mascarpone with the cream cheese, vanilla extract, the juice and zest of half a lemon.
- Divide the almond-date mixture between the glasses, add a layer of mascarpone cream and top with fruit salad. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve. You can also prepare the glasses couple hours in advance or take them to a picnic, but you should add the fruit salad not too early - keep it separate and add right before serving.
- Enjoy layering.