What do you need for a good soccer viewing party? Decorations with the color of your team! In my case it is the German Soccer Team :P But forget flags and stuff – Cookies are much better! Why? Cause you can eat them while watching the game :P
Of course you don’t have to use these exact colors – you can use any colors a bag of M&M’s has to offer ;) Normally you can’t get black M&M’s here, but when there is a big soccer tournament, you can get special edition packages at the store.
I am not the typical soccer fan as you might expect in Germany ;) I only watch it, when there is a world cup or similar – I know – that is probably not what you call a fan :P Anyways – you can still support your team. With cookies. German Soccer Fan Cookies :) Or like two years ago for the world cup with Fan Cupcakes…
The cookies are quick and easy to make – so if you need something for the next game… try these. Little tip: The dough needs the cooling time, so do not skip that – the longer the better. Also leave enough space in between the cookies when baking cause they spread a lot as you can see ;)
INGREDIENTS / ZUTATEN
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
1/3 cup (70g) sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3.5 oz. (100g) Peanut M&M’s (yellow, red, black)
100g brauner Zucker
1/4 TL Salz
1/2 TL Vanille Extrakt
220g Mehl (Type 405)
1/2 TL Natron
100g Erdnuss M&M’s (rot, gelb, schwarz)
DIRECTIONS / ZUBEREITUNG
2. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten – place on the prepared baking sheets with a lot of space in beween (the cookies spread a lot). Top the cookies with the M&M’s in the order black, red and yellow and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes – the cookies are done, when they get some color at the edges. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
2. Den Ofen auf 180°C (350°F) vorheizen. Zwei Backbleche mit Backpapier auslegen. Aus dem Teig kleine Kugeln formen, plattdrücken und mit viel Abstand voneinander auf die Backbleche legen – die Kekse laufen stark auseinander beim Backen. Die Cookies mit den Erdnusslinsen dekorieren (in der richtigen Reihenfolge: Schwarz, Rot und Gelb) und für 13-15 Minuten backen. Die Cookies sind fertig, wenn sie am Rand Farbe bekommen. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und erst auf den Blechen abkühlen lassen und dann auf einem Kuchengitter komplett abkühlen lassen.
Here is a version of the recipe you can print easily.
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3.5 oz. (100g) Peanut M&M's (yellow, red, black)
- Add the butter, sugars and salt to a large bowl and mix on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. Place in the fidge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten - place on the prepared baking sheets with a lot of space in beween (the cookies spread a lot). Top the cookies with the M&M's in the order black, red and yellow and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes - the cookies are done, when they get some color at the edges. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Enjoy baking!